Our practice is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
The CQC is an independent regulator of all health and social care services in England. Their job is to ensure that all care provided in hospitals, dental practices, care homes and GP practices meet national standards of quality.
The national standards cover all aspects of care including:
- Patients are feel involved in their care & receive the treatment and care they need.
- People are treated with dignity and respect.
- Ensuring the environment is clean and safe.
- Checking that staffing levels are appropriate & the practice is well managed.
Registered GP practices receive routine inspections and will be continually monitored to ensure that they are meeting national standards.
During an inspection:
- Patients will be asked about their experiences of receiving care.
- Inspectors will talk to clinical & practice staff.
- Inspectors check that the right systems and processes are in place.
- Inspectors look for evidence that care is meeting national standards.
Our Statement of Purpose
- Ensure high quality services
- Provide monitored, audited and continually improving healthcare services
- Provide healthcare which is available to a whole population
- Create a partnership between patient and healthcare professionals
- Optimise performance against key targets and core standards
- Be a patient centred organisation
- Seek ways to improve the services offered to patients
- Improve communication between the surgery and the patients
- Actively seek and value the opinions of our patients regarding the service we provide
- Recruit, retain and develop a highly motivated and appropriately skilled staff
- Enhance the performance of all members of the practice team
- Ensure effective management and governance systems
- Work collaboratively with our CCG, GP Federation, locality and neighbouring practices
Our CQC Report
We were inspected by CQC in July 2017 and received an overall rating of GOOD.